Kayaking on The River Wye
Our kayaking sessions are tailor made to meet the groups exacting requirements.
We use the placid water in front of our centre to teach and practice strokes, but with the New Weir Rapids only a short paddle away, the thrill and excitement of white water is waiting for those who want to give it a go.
Our highly qualified instructors and assessors can teach many different levels of kayaking from an intro session to a 5 star assessment, in a great, safe and fun environment.
- Children’s Birthday Parties, Schools, Scouts, Cubs, Guides & Brownies. Not Forgetting Family and Friends.
- Those wanting to start out into a very rewarding sport, that will keep you fit and challenge your senses.
- Rolling Clinics – Can’t quite master that roll or can’t roll at all. We can help!
- Play Boating Skills – Some of our instructors are passionate play boaters and can help you to perfect that front loop or master that cartwheel
- Confidence Building Sessions (ideal for those who want to give it a go but need to feel safe and secure to do so.)
- White Water Safety and Skills.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I get Wet?
Whilst we do our up-most to keep you out of the water, the nature of it being a water sport and your learning means there is a chance.
What should I wear?
Wear clothes that you are happy to get wet. No Baggy Clothing or Jeans. Sensible footwear that will stay attached to your feet if you were to swim
I’ve never been Kayaking before. Can I go?
Of Course. Over the past 27 years Wyedean has introduced Hundreds of thousands to the sport.
I’ve done some Kayaking before. Can you help me Progress?
Yes. We pride ourselves on being able to teach anyone no matter their ability or skill level. We can coach you in many different ways and can assess you for your BCU awards also. Give us a call to discuss your requirements and we will do our best to help you.
I am Nervous about trying Kayaking
We encounter this a lot. We go through a safety procedure on dry land before we get you on the water. Our member of staff is never far from you if something was to go wrong, they are there to help you out. Certain Equipment of ours is chosen specifically for its stability, balance and ease of use for novices.
What is the minimum age?
We state that our minimum age requirement for kayaking is 8 Years Old
Am I too Big to Kayak?
We have lots of different size equipment for use on our sessions. Please give us a call to discuss your requirements.
What duration are the sessions?
Our Kayaking Sessions are 3 Hours.