Outdoor Instructor Training Course
Do you have what it takes to work in the outdoors?
If you’d like to develop a career in the outdoors, our “Outdoor Instructor Training Programme” could provide you with the ideal launch pad.
We run an intensive five-month training course where you will have the opportunity to gain a collection of National Governing Body Awards (NGB’s)
The course is designed to introduce you to a wide range of outdoor activities, help develop your practical and coaching skills, give you the understanding of equipment that is needed to work in the industry, push your limits and help to make you the best Outdoor Instructor that you can be.
You have the opportunity to gain the following;
- BC 2* Kayak and Canoe
- BC 3* Whitewater Kayak
- BC 3* Open Canoe
- BC UKCC Level One Coach in Paddle Sport
- BC FSRT (Foundation Safety and Rescue Training)
- BC WWSR (White Water Safety and Rescue Training)
- BSUPA Level One Instructor
- SPA Training (Single Pitch Award)
- BCA Level One Cave Leader Award – Training
- Archery GB Instructor Award
- 16 Hour Outdoor First Aid Training
- Site-specific awards in High Ropes and Zip Line
Hard work and dedication can be very rewarding.
All of these qualifications are earned with hard work and dedication; none of them are handed to you on a plate. We work very closely with everyone who is on the course to give you all of the help and resources you need. The right candidate will have the potential to gain all of these qualifications.
Our course is aimed at people who have an interest in the outdoors. You must be at least 18 to take part. The most important thing is that you are highly motivated, reasonably fit and have a willingness to learn.
What is included?
- Expert coaching and training from highly qualified instructors
- Self-catering accommodation on the riverside
- Training and assessment fees for all NGB courses
- Transport throughout the course to different locations
- Multiple, week long trips away to different locations across the UK
- Access to the River Wye and Symonds Yat Rapids, 30 seconds from your accommodation
- Access to Symonds Yat Crags, including hundreds of climbs and over 10 different caves. All within 2 minutes of your accommodation
- Big discount on outdoor equipment
- Full use of centre equipment and facilities during the course
- Optional equipment packages available at an extra cost
- Food and living expenses
- Membership fees for National Governing Body Awards – as these are required for you to maintain your qualifications throughout your career.
Course Starts 1st November 2016
Course finishes in March 2017
All Applications must be received by 24th October 2016
You will have a good break over Christmas and New Year
What is included?
Read below to see exactly what is included.
How to Apply
Please E-mail us your CV and a brief about yourself, including why you want to do this course.
Click Here to Email
Do I get a job at the end?
There is an opportunity of employment with us for the summer season.