3 Hour Kayaking Experience Session
Our kayaking sessions are tailor made to meet the groups exacting requirements.
We use the placid water in front of our centre to teach and practice strokes, but with the New Weir Rapids only a short paddle away, the thrill and excitement of white water is waiting for those who want to give it a go.
Our highly qualified instructors and assessors can teach many different levels of kayaking from an intro session to a 5 star assessment, in a great, safe and fun environment.
- Children’s Birthday parties, schools, Scouts, Cubs, Guides & Brownies. Not forgetting family and friends.
- Those wanting to start out into a very rewarding sport that will keep you fit and challenge your senses.
- Rolling Clinics – Can’t quite master that roll or can’t roll at all? We can help!
- Play Boating Skills – Some of our instructors are passionate play boaters and can help you to perfect that front loop or master that cartwheel.
- Confidence Building Sessions – Ideal for those who want to give it a go but need to feel safe and secure to do so.
- White Water Safety and Skills.
Got any questions? Check out the FAQs below.
Whilst we do our up-most to keep you out of the water, the nature of it being a water sport means there is a chance you’ll get wet, especially as you learn.
Wear clothes that you are happy to get wet. No baggy clothing or jeans. Please wear sensible footwear that will stay attached to your feet if you were to swim.
Of course. Over the past 27 years Wyedean has introduced hundreds of thousands of people to the sport.
We follow strict governement guidlines to help ensure we control the spread of covid-19 as best we can, equipment is sanitised between customers and we are out in the open air with plenty of space for social distancing. Rest assured we are doing as much as we possibly can with the knowledge provided by the government.
Yes. We pride ourselves on being able to teach anyone no matter what their ability or skill level. We can coach you in many different ways and can also assess you for your BCU awards. Give us a call to discuss your requirements and we will do our best to help you.
We encounter this a lot. We go through a safety procedure on dry land before we get you on the water. Our member of staff is never far from you if something was to go wrong, they are there to help you out. Certain equipment of ours is chosen specifically for its stability, balance and ease of use for novices.
We state that our minimum age requirement for kayaking is 8 years old.
Our kayaking sessions are 3 hours.
We work on a maximum of 10 to 1 of our instructors, we do usually try to keep it to a group of 8. But in peak times i.e school holidays these sessions will run at 10.