Hire a Canoe by the hour and explore this Beautiful section of the River Wye
Perfect for beginners
Start from our riverside centre, after a short briefing you can paddle off upstream through the beauty of Symonds Yat and then turn around and paddle back. It is nice and easy.
|2 Person Canoe||£22 Per Hour|
|3 Person Canoe||£24 Per Hour|
|3 Person Canoe Adults||£33 Per Hour|
2 Adults and 2 small children under hip height only
|£26 Per Hour|
|Joining 2 Canoes together to make a “Spar”||£2 Per Spar|
|Stand up Paddle Boards
Previous experience necessary
|£25 Per Hour|
Do I need Experience?
Not at all. This is designed as the perfect way for people to get into canoeing. We will tell you all the basics and set you off in the right way, you can then practice and improve as you go.
What times are available?
First boat launches at 09:30, Last boat at 15:30. Last canoe must return by 16:30
What is the maximum Group size?
In line with social distancing Law. Our maximum group size is 6 participants these can be from different households. We can accommodate larger groups. However we will insist that social distancing is maintained on our site. It is easy to social distance when on the water.
Do we have time to stop?
Yes you can stop somewhere you deem safe to do so, just check it is not someones garden. Please remember all canoes must be returned by their allotted return time.
- You cannot pre-book this. It is first come first served. Quieter in the morning than the afternoons.
- Buoyancy aids are provided and must be worn at all times.
- T’shirts must be worn under buoyancy aids for Hygiene reasons at all times.
- Upon return all customers must Wash their own buoyancy aid for a minimum of 20 seconds, then rinse and hang on our drying rail.
- Staff will point out where you can safely leave equipment upon return. Please do so with care to help keep our staff safe.
- NO GLASS OR ALCOHOL is allowed to be taken on our canoes, we retain the right to search and cancel any hire without refund.
- Anyone who has been drinking or taken drugs will be refused hire.
- Cannabis use is illegal and forbidden on our premises. anyone smelling or smoking cannabis will refused hire and the police will be informed.
- Please be respectful of other river users, locals and wildlife. This beautiful environment is here for everyone to enjoy. Do not spoil it for others. Have fun but be polite, quiet and take your litter home.
Covid 19 – How we are working to help keep you safe
- Our premises is deep cleaned and disinfected daily.
- We use only the recommended products that are known to kill the Covid – 19 Virus.
- Our Buoyancy aids are washed after every use, dried in our custom store and disinfected each day.
- Our Paddles are disinfected after each use.
- Our Canoes are cleaned regularly and areas which have contact are wiped (with the correct product) to help minimise the risk of contact with the virus.
- Customers are welcome to wear masks if they feel they wish to. but they are not mandatory.
- We have sanitiser points accessible when we are open. All customers must use this before handling any equipment.
- Customers can use their own gloves or purchase gloves upon check in but gloves are not mandatory.
- We have clear signage to help enforce the social distancing law of 2 metres.
- Staff will do what they feel is necessary to help ensure customers and staff are kept safe under the guidelines.
What if we capsize?
In the event of a capsize you will need to be able to swim the equipment and yourselves to the nearest bank and safely empty the canoe to carry on. We will instruct you on what to do in the event of a capsize before you get on the water.
What if there is a serious injury or accident?
Each piece of equipment has our emergency contact number on so you or someone can contact us.
However in the event of an emergency, if our staff need to come to your assistance we will keep our social distance where possible. In the event of an injury we will administer first aid if required but because of the Covid 19 virus and risks due to this, we will in the first instance direct you how to administer first aid to yourself or to another member of your group. If it is life threatening we will alert the relevant emergency services and administer first aid.